Wednesday, June 27, 2012

...when you're busy making other plans.

I suppose in a good way my life has been the biggest whirlwind the last few days. I'm now writing in the SFO airport with a few minutes to spare on a new iPad that is a pain to type in!

In short as most of you know Kristen and I got married on Friday. It was the single most significant day of my life. Obviously I've put cycling on hold with the minor exception of going for a spin with my brother when he arrived. In fact the next few posts may have nothing to do with riding as we are on our way to Thailand (thigh land) Indonesia for some surf and New Zealand for everything else.
I dont remember much from the wedding. It all was a blur. I felt like I was at somebody else's wedding but I knew all of the guests. In short I dont like to be that big of a center of attention.
When we were opening our gifts, I simply could not believe the abundance of support to start our new lives together. In fact I felt so guilty looking at all of the gifts, I got a serious headache and had to lie down. I need to be a better person.
Our photos look great. Thanks so much for the photos! Without them I wouldn't think I would have remembered much except for having sore cheeks!

I guess if you could tie cycling related elements to this wedding, it would have to be my ring. Ti and carbon. Just like the bikes in the peloton!


As part of a summer tradition that started a few years ago, my hair comes off. Less to deal with I guess. This year, as Kristen was very grateful, I waited until after our nuptials!

We are off to Thailand and have practically planned nothing for he trip except for getting some cash before hand and then getting a place to stay when we land. From there it's a matter of following our bliss and our sense of adventure which will probably test our limits as well as taste buds. I just finished our bottle of sriracha at home so hopefully that will prep me. For Kristen it's gum. Lots of gum.

The days since the wedding were spent visiting friends and family. Catching up as wedding double as a reunion of sorts mini vacations and just good times. We were overwhelmed with all of the well wishers as well as the kind words and sacrifice people made in order come here and see us declare our undying devotion to one another.

I would like to really just like to thank Kristen for being the heart and soul behind the planning and vision of the wedding. She received so many compliments as this was a very DIY style gathering. A pinterest followers dream. She amazes me on a daily basis.
So bags are packed. New iPad is loaded up with enough distractions to last a while. I think we can actually sit for a moment and digest what just happened the last few days. Next post will be from somewhere in thigh land!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share It